Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
Product Development is responsible for managing the operational and financial performance (incl. price levels and manufacturing costs) of the portfolio of Eurobonds-related products and services. It is also responsible for planning, budgeting and designing new services to meet clients’ needs and to oversee their implementation & commercialization, including market readiness, roll-out, marketing & documentation.
Product Development works in close collaboration with Clearstream’s Business Operations and IT as well as Sales & Relationship Management, pricing and business development teams to ensure a proactive and efficient product management & development process. Product Development manages the Eurobonds’ portfolio of products and services during their entire lifecycle, defining pricing structures and distribution strategies to drive & respond to clients’ needs and market evolution.
Product managers have the overall duty to analyze information from industry changes, regulatory developments, client behaviors and competitive offerings. They contribute to enhance Clearstream’s presence across industry forums and trade associations to shape public opinion and influence market developments (market advocacy).
The development of a new partnership will first and foremost introduce the candidate to product development using the SCRUM methodology.
- Participation in a SCRUM driven project that is highly dependent on team interactions, comprising the use of a dedicates team comprising of business and technology skillsets, iterative sprints to incrementally build the product, sprint planning, daily standups, etc.
- Obtain knowledge from Subject Mater Experts in a broad range of functional areas (Issuance, Settlement, Compliance, Risk, Data, Origin Markets platform)
- Writing of User Stories (Business requirements broken into product process flows, in order to evaluate current processes and propose functional solutions to maximize the digitization of processes)
- Prepare Test plans and execution / validation and contribute to the Product Backlog
- Contribute to product launch and roll-out
Upon launch of the new product, the common responsibilities will resume for issuance related products and services, namely:
- Sourcing and analysis of information from industry changes, regulatory developments, system behaviors
- Identification of service, product (system) improvements that can be developed and deployed
- Introduction of marketing plan and go-to-market strategy, with appropriate product packaging where relevant
- Maintenance of processes and procedures, including audit items and presentation of changes to the validation forums (MCWG, CMC, etc)
- Consultation with other product teams to ensure a global product vision and coherence
- Liaison with different stakeholders such as – but not limited to – IT, Business & financial administration Product Sales Team, to identify business opportunities and market participant expectations.
- Masters degree in financial strategy, economics or equivalent
- Experience in Clearstream with expertise in Issuance Services
- Independent with excellent communication / presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Previous or on-going contribution in projects preferred
- Customer-oriented with the willingness to build network within the company and externally
- Be a team-player, creative, highly motivated person
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile