Credit Risk Officer (f/m/d)
Full-time | Permanent
Group Credit`s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
The Credit Risk Officer is responsible for assessing the credit risk of counterparts (financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, asset managers, funds) and collateral issuers operating in a variety of mature and growth countries, and monitor customers’ exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency. Furthermore, as part of the group wide Credit team, she/he develops key performance indicators and reports, and performs ad hoc reviews, investigations and special assignments as required to senior management.
This is a role within the organization where the Credit Risk Officer is expected to work closely with the Relationship Management, Client Services, Treasury, Custody, Global Securities Financing and Product teams across the Deutsche Börse Group.
- Conduct credit research and market intelligence in order to acquire sufficient knowledge of the counterparts under responsibility
- Track new market developments and regulations, and provide advice regarding counterparty risk exposure
- Recommend acceptance of new clients, assess and monitor customer’s credit needs and prepare annual and ad-hoc counterparts credit risk reviews
- Provide reports to management, clients and regulators and deliver value-added insight into the client’s credit lines, credit proposals and potential risks
- Identify and discuss significant credit risk with senior management
- Monitor credit exposures, authorise purchases of securities and the release of customers’ payments while ensuring adherence to settlement and currency deadlines
- Identify process improvements, perform client impact analysis, write business requirements, test and implement the changes to existing / new credit tools
- Strong knowledge of the systems of records, comfortable to perform reporting and investigations
- Participate to client on-site due diligence visits
- University degree in Economics / Banking & Finance / Mathematics /Statistics
- Deep analytical understanding and sound statistical skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Power Point, ERP
- Experience in modelling data and creativity in finding adequate solutions using VBA / MatLab / SQL
- Excellent command of English and German
- Achievement: Continuous focus on performance, with the goal to meet short and long-term goals. Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks. Quick learner and highly motivated to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts. Credibility and drive to present senior management with robust and accurate credit recommendations.
- Change Orientation: Flexibility, easiness to adapt to continuous changes within the organisation.
- Collaboration: Ability to work independently, and as part of an international team. Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas. Self confidence to conduct negotiations and meetings within Deutsche Börse and due diligence visit with clients.
- Organisational Commitment: Willing to commit to Clearstream and Deutsche Börse Group, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources
Keywords: Credit, vba, MatLab, SQL