Senior Underwriter (m/f/d)
Our client, a successful insurance company in Luxembourg, is looking for a permanent “Senior Underwriter (m/f/d)”.
- Responsible for the local underwriting function and for the assessment, pricing and acceptance of the company and disability the risk
- Coordination of the underwriting function, including prioritization, relationship management and delivery of day-to-day activity
- Active management of local underwriting and collaboration with underwriters in other locations and a central underwriting team.
- Establishing and maintaining the clear management structure for the underwriting function, including underwriting authorities, underwriting manuals for various product lines and quality assurance reviews. Timely and competent advice on large case referrals.
- Support the Distribution with support for the growth and profitability objectives in European markets
- Building and maintaining working relationships with key internal customers
- Ensuring that customers receive expert help and support
- Representing the underwriting function with external stakeholders, brokers and customers
- A Degree in a technical subject, e.g. insurance mathematics, statistics or actuarial science
- At least 3-5 years of experience in underwriting or the commercial actuarial area
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with evidence by success in the past in an underwriting or commercial actuarial role
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of risk insurance
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), French, German or another language would be a benefit
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and analytical thinking
- Discipline and self-responsibility
- Able to work under pressure and in a team
- Good computer skills in Windows XP/MS office (especially good Excel skills)
- Experience with project models and techniques
If you are interested in this position please uses the following application form or one of the buttons below to apply.
We look forward hearing from you!
Your Dexter Team
- Address Gare, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Salary Offer N / A
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5