Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activity
As a Legal Counsel, you will be supporting the Clearstream legal team in providing fulltime dedicated legal advice to various Clearstream business lines including Investment Fund Services, Global Markets and Issuer CSD Services. The core of your activities will be to act as legal contact for Clearstream business in Luxembourg and abroad, and to assist in the provision of legal support and the identification of legal risks. You will be working closely with peers and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Draft and negotiate agreements between Clearstream and its customers and other legal documents
- Provide legal assessments and advice to various stakeholders within the organization
- Take on administrative tasks in relation to local and cross border projects
- Assist in advising the business regarding the implementation of requirements pursuant to new laws and regulations
- Master’s degree in Law or equivalent
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of professional experience in the financial industry in Luxembourg, preferably with insight into the activities of a Central Securities Depositary
- Experience in investment fund services as well as securities lending/collateral management and banking/custody is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant Luxembourg legal and regulatory environment and an interest in technological development in the financial sector
- Hands-on and ability to work in a team
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Mandarin Chinese is mandatory
- Knowledge of German and/or Japanese is an advantage
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We offer our employees an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include a high level of trust and autonomy in modern, centrally located workplaces where corporate culture and values are exercised regularly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now!