Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activity
Joining a dynamic, international team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for the processing of corporate actions on a voluntary basis. Ideally, you like challenges and focus on delivering steady quality to all clients whilst reducing the operational risk company wide.
- Professionally manage and process any type of security events and corporate actions on voluntary basis relating to Debts, Equities, Warrants and Depository Receipts. Such events include, but are not limited to : conversions, exercise of warrants, put options, defaults, tender offers, exchange offers, Dutch auction, subscription offers, etc. (This includes the analysis of the offers, the use of various custody systems, the direct contact with depositories/agents/CCBs, etc.) in a very diversified and challenging environment.
The sub processes are as follows:
- Gather the information (i.e. from Depository, Issuer Agent)
- Set up properly the corporate action event in the Custody system
- Release the Golden Copy i.e. clear/structured and reliable information to customers and on due time
- Collection, validation, repair and execution of Inbound-Outbound instructions (from customers/to depositories/agent)
- Process the cash/securities proceeds’ payment according to market deadlines and Clearstream currency cut off time
- Reconcile securities and/or cash discrepancies in a timely manner
- Support customers and handle/follow up on queries (emails, SAP cases, phone calls)
- Comply with the effective controls as well as with the internal streamlined procedures.
- Execute the allocated tasks in due time
- Contribute to the internal cross-training as per agreed development plan or/and objectives.
- Support a team attitude rather than individualism i.e. team work
- Escalate and report issues to the controllers, HoU (HoS’deputy if appropriate)
- Active contribution to internal initiatives, meetings, conference calls and workshops
- University Degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent
- Ideally 2 years of experience in Back Office ideally within corporate actions
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment i.e. team spirit and effective team work within a dynamic environment
- Pro-active and being willing to learn more
- Detail-oriented and a strong sense of accuracy
- Excellent Customer focus
- Confident to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining good organisation and prioritisation
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of SWIFT ISO 15022 as well as the usage of data vendors workstation e.g. Bloomberg
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; German would be an asset
- Competent handling of MS Office applications, especially advanced Excel
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We offer our employees an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include a high level of trust and autonomy in modern, centrally located workplaces where corporate culture and values are exercised regularly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources
- Address Luxembourg