VP Bank Ltd was founded in 1956 and, with over 1’000 employees, ranks amongst the largest banks in Liechtenstein. VP Bank is present with offices in Vaduz, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore, Hong Kong and Road Town (British Virgin Islands). Its core competencies include the development of tailor-made financial solutions for intermediaries and private individuals as well as access to private market investments via a curated ecosystem. In addition, the Group has an international fund competence centre. VP Bank is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and has received an “A” rating from Standard & Poor’s.
For VP Fund Solutions (Luxembourg) SA, the Competence Center of VP Bank AG for investment and fund solutions, we are hiring a
Team Head of Risk Management.
- Carry out daily risk management, investment compliance and eligibility monitoring checks and relevant escalation
- Develop, implement and maintain the Risk Management Process (“RMP”) for UCITS and AIF
- Lead, guide and manage a team of risk experts
- Monitor and constantly improve risk management, investment compliance and eligibility procedures and policies
- Ensure risk reporting to the Senior Management, the Board of Directors of the Management Company, the Board of Directors of funds and to the regulatory authorities
- Support the Valuation Committee to establish, document and monitor valuation procedures and pricing decisions
- Liaise with fund’s stakeholders such as investment managers, administrators, auditors
- Assist in the oversight of the delegates and service providers (e.g. investment managers, external valuers) including attendance at regular service review calls and due diligence visits
- Participate in client on-boarding projects
- Lead/participate in risk related projects and working groups.
- University Degree or equivalent; ideally with a mathematical or statistical bias,
- Relevant professional certifications and trainings would be an asset (e.g. FRM, CFA, CAIA),
- Work experience of at least 8-10 years in a similar role,
- Proven team management skills,
- Experience in conducting Risk Management & regulatory activities for the funds business, experience in Risk Management of Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds will be an asset,
- Sound knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD guidelines, derivative instruments as well as alternative investments (Private Equity, Real Estate, Funds of hedge funds),
- Working experience with Risk tools (Synofin) and applications will be appreciated,
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work autonomously but also the ability to work within a team and liaise and cooperate with other units. You have experience and/or willingness to perform within functional management in the matrix organisation of VP Bank group,
- Strong support in CSSF audits and inspections for the risk management area,
- Deputy of the Conducting Officer,
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, French considered as an asset.
- Address 2 Rue Edward Steichen, Luxembourg
- Salary Offer N / A
- Experience Level Senior