Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
As a member of the Clearstream Control Assurance & Monitoring Team, you will support the execution of an effective control assurance and monitoring framework in the 1st Line of Defence. The function is tasked with performing control assurance, control effectiveness assessments as well issue & action logging/tracking in strong collaboration with the business and operations areas of Clearstream.
Individual Data Processing (IDP) is a form of data processing, in which end users in business departments (users of IT systems/applications) define and execute work activities, amongst the required tasks:
- Perform ad-hoc and annual review of IDP inventory and present the status to Clearstream Legal Entity Executive Boards annually
- Define mandatory fields in the IDP Inventory and ensure completeness and correctness
- Support IDP Owners in risk surveys and perform regular checks of the execution of risk surveys and necessary risk assessments
- Provide support and training to IDP Process owners & IDP Developers in effectively using the tool
- Maintain and update local IDP Guideline and Process documentation
Control Assurance Monitoring is a Clearstream unit that supports various stakeholders in their regulatory and internal obligations, amongst the required tasks:
- Supporting the implementation of an effective control assurance and monitoring framework by monitoring key controls and reporting the findings via written reports to relevant executive management and governance forums
- Strengthening the Internal Control System following the methodology and strategy set by Group Risk Management
- Facilitating Risk and Control Self-Assessments to identify key risks, (non)financial impacts and relevant controls
- Challenging risk and control owners on risk assessments, control design and operating effectiveness
- Coordinating the execution of reports and assessments (i.e. assurance report on controls, risk concentrations, internal controls, etc.) for the 1st line of defense, executive managers and/or regulators
- Managing various stakeholders across Clearstream
- University degree in Economics, Finance or Business Management
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in process management
- Knowledge of Deutsche Boerse business processes is preferable
- Strong analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- General office productivity tools proficiency is expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. German/ French) is an advantage
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We offer our employees an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include a high level of trust and autonomy in modern, centrally located workplaces where corporate culture and values are exercised regularly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now!