Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
The Department IT Infrastructure & Operations provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure services and operates in the locations Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg and Chicago. The area of responsibility covers the group wide Data centre Management, development and operation of the global Trading/Clearing Network, the shared storage and backup systems as well as the operation of IT Security solutions. Furthermore, IT Infrastructure coordinates central ITIL processes. The team Backup Administration provides support to IT mission critical applications within the DBAG environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the backup infrastructure
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and procedures of the backup environment in all aspects of its utilisation; ensure associated work in compliance with the documented procedures.
- Ensure operational stability of the field of responsibility
- Provide escalation support following processes and interacting appropriately with other departments and end users, when required
- Take part in on-call rotation
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in IT
- Fundamentals Unix/Linux administration, shell scripting, Perl and Python programming
- Notions in Backup administration with veritas Netbackup software, Veritas Netbackup appliances/FLEX/Cloud-Catalyst, tape and tape library management (IBM), IBM COS is an advantage
- Fundamental network knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud platforms – AWS, GCP or Azure
- IT problem-solving skills
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (additional language skills in French and/or German welcome)
- Ability to learn fast