Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The mission of Internal Audit is to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
Internal Audit is a permanent function that, as the third line of defence, delivers independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company’s operations. It helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal Audit also provides an independent, objective and critical review of the first two lines of defence.
- Performing audits as part of a risk-oriented audit plan covering all aspects of Clearstream’s activities
- Participate in, and lead small teams performing audit field work e.g. interviewing, testing of controls, reviewing of documentation
- Draft audit findings and recommendations
- Continuously follow-up to ensure implementation and closure of audit recommendations
- Support ongoing quality improvements of audit processes
- Represent Internal Audit at functional meetings
- Support line management or projects and provide audit related consultancy in the proposal for and implementation of adequate internal controls
- Contributes to the further enhancements of the internal audit process
- Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor as part of a 17 persons team based in Luxembourg
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Law or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in internal and/or external auditing in a big four company or similar
- Audit certifications are welcome
- Very good knowledge of the financial sector is a must
- Knowledge of custody and settlement business, processes and systems is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Diplomatic but with the necessary tenacity to complete the task
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a high level of assertiveness
- Self-motivated with an independent and focused approach to work, simultaneously geared toward team success
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, French and /or German language skills will be an asset