Intern – Tax Administration (f/m/d)
Start: 01 January 2021 | Duration: 6 months | Full-time | Luxembourg
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
Joining a dynamic, international team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for processing, providing prompt, accurate tax guidance on all our tax services, regimes and practises to assist Clearstream customers on all tax matters related to income payments. Following international market practices and working in collaboration with withholding agents, various tax authorities and operational teams, your role is also to ensure that customers receive the proper answer in due time.
- Support the entire tax process from certification acceptance to tax instruction processing, payment reception and reconciliation.
- Dedicated specialist at single market level ensuring optimum support and expertise.
- Process payments and reporting to tax authorities when Clearstream acts as withholding agent (US QI, France, Germany, Italy, Iceland, Bulgaria, Slovakia)
- Work intensively throughout the market collecting, understanding and relaying the latest local fiscal information directly from source.
- Regular, efficient contact with the tax authorities ensures that our clients have reliable support and the most updated tax market information.
- Build internal and external relationships with suppliers, customers and tax authorities
- Provides quality customer care, being thoroughly committed to every question and issue our clients may face with their tax certification process and reclaims.
- Solid knowledge, combined with multiple languages capacity and highly flexible workforces, guarantees rapid and efficient feedback and resolution to all the questions.
- Comply with the effective KYC, Control and internal procedures
- Execute work assignment in due time
- Support a team attitude rather than individualism
- Escalate and report issues to Management
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement
- A basic understanding of financial markets and instruments is desirable
- Competent handling of MS Office applications
- Accuracy, flexibility, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Customer focused
- Ability to cope with deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a constant changing environment and situation
- Demonstrate initiative and look to continuously improve
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
What you can expect from us
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now! Please submit your online application via our career portal, including your CV, cover letter and other relevant documents (transcript of records, job references etc.)
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources