Intern – Sales Operations
Start: 01/12/2020 | Duration: 6 months | Full-time
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activity
Eurex is one of the world’s largest futures and options exchange and is operated by Deutsche Börse AG. The Exchange is the marketplace of choice for trading and clearing of derivatives. Eurex has been a pioneer in electronic trading of derivative products for more than a decade, and it offers its customers open, democratic, simple, and cost-effective access from any point around the globe. The trading participants are connected to the Eurex system via a communications network; at present, some 700 locations worldwide are connected to Eurex. Without them Deutsche Börse Group would not have developed into one of the most modern exchange organisations in the world. More than 5,300 employees work for the Group – a dynamic, motivated and international team.
As an intern – Sales Operations (f/m/d) within the Eurex Equity and Index Sales team you will have an excellent opportunity to explore capital market dynamics and to gain valuable practical experience in an innovative company. The Equity and Index Sales team is Eurex’s face to the financial industry to promote current and future trading and clearing services. Equity and Index Sales Operations is the backbone of the Sales Team. Our goal is to build strong relationships with our existing and new clearing members, their clients and associated industry bodies. To understand their needs and the impacts of developments in the market enables us to grow and expand our services to increase the attractiveness of our portfolio with the goal to expand our role as the leading provider in Europe of exchange traded and central counterparty services.
• You will assist in reporting.
• You will gain interesting insights in data analysis.
• You will analyse and evaluate product performance.
• Furthermore, you will support the team by creating adhoc reports and tracking initiatives.
• In addition to these exciting tasks you will gain Insights in equity and index derivatives market.
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 8 semesters
(Study focus in the field of informatics, mathematics, physics, economics, business studies, humanities or other relevant fields)
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of working student in the finance area.
- You are interested in Financial Markets and Derivatives Trading.
- Thanks to your cooperative manner, you quickly find your way into the team. Your affinity for numbers and very good analytical skills help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have very good knowledge in excel and powerpoint.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
What you can expect from us
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
“We are an equal opportunity employer.”
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now! Please submit your online application via our career portal, including your CV, cover letter and other relevant documents (transcript of records, job references etc.)
Do you have questions about the application process or this position?
Our Campus-Team will gladly answer your questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 069-211-11810. We look forward to getting to know you!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources