Intern – Risk Management – Model Validation (f/m/d)
Start: April 2020 | Duration: 6 months | Full-time
Field of activity
Model Validation provides independent effective challenge of models, applying financial theory and quantitative methods. We define validation guidelines, develop appropriate validation methods, employ validation instruments on a regular basis and perform ad hoc model reviews in light of a changing regulatory environment and market conditions.
Support the Model Validation Unit to:
- Develop appropriate quantitative and qualitative validation methods including potential outcomes and their impact
- Participate in the initial validation of new and/or changed models
- Define and track Model Validation findings and work on potential recommendations to the model owner
- Maintain the model inventory of the different legal entities
- Assess the adequacy and robustness of risk models on a regular basis
- Deliver model validation analysis and reports in support of senior management & committee review and challenge of the risk position
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- You must be enrolled in an academic programme recognised by the state (Finance / Economics / Mathematics preferred) and must have completed at least the first 2 years of your university studies OR you have graduated for less than 2 years
- Interest in financial markets, financial products, as well as the regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- Analytical skills, as well as results orientation and efficient team player with good communication skills
- Very competent handling of MS office, experience with programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Commitment, a high degree of organizational self-reliance, motivation and accuracy
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. German would be an advantage
There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international work environment and a broad variety of career opportunities.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources