Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
Model Validation provides independent effective challenge of models, applying financial theory and quantitative methods. We define validation guidelines, develop appropriate validation methods, employ validation instruments on a regular basis and perform ad hoc model reviews in light of a changing regulatory environment and market conditions.
Support the Model Validation Unit to:
- Develop appropriate quantitative and qualitative validation methods including potential outcomes and their impact
- Participate in the initial validation of new and/or changed models
- Define and track Model Validation findings and work on potential recommendations to the model owner
- Maintain the model inventory of the different legal entities
- Assess the adequacy and robustness of risk models on a regular basis
- Deliver model validation analysis and reports in support of senior management & committee review and challenge of the risk position
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or similar for no more than 6 months (Finance / Economics / Mathematics preferred)
- Interest in financial markets, financial products, as well as the regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- Good quantitative and analytical skills, as well as high results orientation
- Efficient team player with good communication skills
- Very competent handling of MS office, experience with programming languages (e.g. Python or R)
- Commitment, a high degree of organizational self-reliance, motivation and accuracy
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Start date 1 July 2021
Duration: 6 months full-time