Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Clearstream Outsourcing Coordination and Business Surveillance units support the business segments in their duties with regards to services outsourced by Clearstream entities and secures a harmonized first line of defence approach across the different business owners within the area of its responsibility, including the set-up of standards with respect to performance indicators. The first line of defence control and monitoring function covers the adequate reporting to the Executive Management and the control functions as well.
Your main responsibility will be the support of the business owners in outsourced services starting with guidance in the definition and documentation of measurable performance indicators up to the regular performance review and related reporting to the respective stakeholders / boards.
- Provide Clearstream segments / business owners with guidance in the definition of measurable performance indicators
- Review and validate performance reports and prepare their presentation to the respective boards
- Establish and maintain adequate procedures and workflows
- Interact closely with the relevant Clearstream segments, Intercompany Organisation, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Information Security, Data Protection, Audit and Compliance
- Explain to the business owners the consequences of failure to comply with regulations, standards, or policies
- Provide a pro-active contribution to ensure team targets and objectives are being achieved within required deadlines
- Assist in project work where required
- Support the review of Outsourcing Risk Assessments
- Collaborate in the Outsourcing Pre-assessment process
- Direct support of the Clearstream Outsourcing Coordinator Team
Qualifications/ required skills
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Economics, Finance or Business Management and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Very good analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Good communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French and/or German is an asset
- General office productivity tools proficiency expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – preferably technical background knowledge with a good understanding of databases and process improvements