Intern – Controlling (f/m/d)
Start: 01 December 2020 | Duration: 6 months | Full-time | Luxembourg
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
As an Intern in Controlling, you will be actively taking part in our process, while we are offering you diverse, interesting and above all challenging tasks.
- To support budget and forecast processes with analysis of variances
- To assist in the monthly closing process
- To support preparation of the reporting for the Clearstream Business area
- To perform benchmarking exercises
- To test further development of existing SAP based controlling tools
- To participate in the further development of controlling tools
- To prepare various ad-hoc analysis on request
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Competent handling of MS-Office applications and VBA is required. SAP and SQL knowledge are an asset
- Financial and cost accounting knowledge
- Proactive approach and ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability, continuous improvement mindset
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset
What you can expect from us
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources