ABOUT THE ROLE:
Privacy at Grant Thornton is a developed and growing practice with serious scope for growth. We are looking for Senior Consultants that can ensure we stay on track upon this evolving journey, and achieve greater heights collectively in the future.
As a Senior Consultant, you will act as the main point of contact for our clients, with regard to compliance with Privacy laws and best practice. You will be in charge of project coordination, compliance support and contact with the local Supervisory Authorities as and when required.
Handle client accounts for all matters that deal with Personal Data Protection (Privacy) that includes, but is not limited to:
- Instilling and applying a Privacy Governance framework, with a deep understanding on how to support various clients from different sectors comply with the law;
- Advising and problem solving with clients on how to apply best practice to complex processing activities within an evolving regulatory landscape;
- Be able to spot best practice relative to client needs, and adapt solutions based on the scale or sensitivity of processing activities undertaken;
- Effectively address any client data subject request where advice is required, including data breaches and data protection impact assessments;
- Be up to date on regulatory trends in Luxembourg and neighbouring jurisdictions in the Privacy realm, and co-manage the GDPR regulatory watch service;
- Work in conjunction with Information Security professionals to provide a holistic solution to client needs;
- Leverage upon technology (tools, and software) to enhance client deliverables in an effective and efficient manner;
- Coach and review the output of junior colleagues in the Privacy compliance realm.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree in Law (Jurist);
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Practical knowledge of Privacy in one or a combination of the following sectors (Law firm, Research institute, Consulting company, Supervisory Authority);
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral. German is a real additional asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good problem solving, and organisational skills;
- Willing to work with people from different fields, and with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference Senior Consultant – Privacy Compliance Advisory by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.