ABOUT THE ROLE:
Privacy at Grant Thornton is a developed and growing practice with serious scope for growth. We are looking for a Junior Consultant that can ensure we stay on track upon this evolving journey, and achieve greater heights collectively in the future.
As a Junior Consultant, you will be in regular contact with clients in relation to compliance with Privacy laws, primarily the EU regulation 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation.
Supporting Senior Privacy Consultants handle client accounts for matters that deal with Personal Data Protection (Privacy) that include, but are not limited to:
- Instilling and applying a Privacy Governance framework under the Senior Consultant’s guidance, with a willingness to understand how to support various clients from different sectors comply with the law;
- Over time, advising and problem solving with clients on how to apply best practice to personal data processing activities within an evolving regulatory landscape;
- Be able to research best practice relative to client needs, and propose solutions based on the scale or sensitivity of personal data processing activities undertaken;
- Support the Privacy team address any client data subject request where advice is required;
- Be up to date on regulatory trends in Luxembourg and neighbouring jurisdictions in the Privacy realm, and contribute to the Grant Thornton Privacy regulatory watch service;
- Collaborate and learn from Information Security professionals on how to provide a holistic solution to client needs;
- Leverage upon technology (tools, and software) to enhance client deliverables in an effective and efficient manner. This can also involve aligning technology solutions to suit the Privacy Team’s needs.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree in Law (Jurist), Business School, Engineering School. A legal background is preferred;
- Previous internships are appreciated where strong analytical, verbal reasoning and written skills were applied;
- A strong willingness to learn about Privacy;
- Fluency in English and French (or German);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good problem solving, and organisational skills;
- Willing to work with people from different fields, and with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
- Calm and collected nature when faced with complex challenges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference Junior Consultant – Privacy Compliance Advisory by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.