We will start our section with the tasks, responsibilities and the profile of a Fund Accountant in Luxembourg.
This is one of the most common finance jobs in Finance in Luxembourg.
Below are listed some of the key responsibilities for a Junior (Fund Accountant):
- Prepare, examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Make asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Communication with internal and external clients, other offices, client advisors, auditors, banks and tax authorities.
- Bookkeeping, maintain accounting records and preparation of annual (consolidated) financial statements and assist towards the monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Organising and assisting the audit of financial statements.
- Build an exhaustive knowledge of the portfolio of clients.
- Preparing (monthly and / or quarterly reporting under e.g. LUX GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS) Financial Reports for the management (e.g.: balance sheet, profit and loss statement or other reports).
- Preparation and sending of requested documents, filing of relevant accounting documents and organization of the annual shareholders meetings.
- Examination of accounting procedures by researching and interpreting (e.g. LUX GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS) accounting policy and regulations.
- Do the follow-up on invoices and prepare payments by verifying the records and documentation of financial transactions by entering account information.
- Interact with tax advisors and calculate tax provisions for the preparation of tax returns and episodic VAT returns.
General Profile of a Junior (Fund) Accountant in Luxembourg
- Graduated as an accountant or with an equivalent educational background. (Bachelor or Master Level are required)
- Knowledge of (Fund) Accounting valuation processes & standards.
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS accounting experience.
- Sound knowledge of investment instruments.
- Rigorous, dynamic and team player being also able to work independently with good organisational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational flows in the financial/ fund / banking industry.
- High level of integrity with a methodical approach to work.
- A good written and spoken knowledge of English is essential. The knowledge of any other European language (e.g.: German, French, Dutch) would be considered as a significant advantage.
- A very good command of MS office (Word, Excel & Outlook) is necessary.
- Ability to gather, process and understand information efficiently with a professional approach to dealing with clients and colleagues.
See also Senior (Fund) Accountant in Luxembourg