Officer for Depositary Operations Oversight
Work as a team member within the Depositary Oversight team, providing a high quality depositary monitoring service, in accordance with Regulations and the requirements of each funds constitutional documents. Maintain detailed operational oversight, high level of client knowledge as well as ensuring regulatory deadlines and service level agreements are met.
All operational oversight activities relating to depositary oversight of a portfolio of funds – this may include (but is not limited to the following):
• Investigate exceptions detected as part of our cash flow monitoring, safekeeping and asset ownership verification, and fund accounting/transfer agency depositary oversight duties
• Position holding review of all assets held by allocated funds and reconciliation to third party statements for assets not held in custody
• Production of Board and depositary reports for allocated clients
• Production of depositary audit confirmation at funds financial year end for allocated clients
• Ensure that procedures are followed and kept up to date
• Ability to communicate accurately with external parties such as auditors, fund administrators, management companies and clients (by email, by phone and in person).
• Willingness to attend client servicing meetings (by phone and in person)
• Detailed knowledge of allocated clients and ability to act as point of contact within depositary on those funds
• Operational activities associated with the take-on of new clients/sub-funds
• Answer queries from other departments (such as FA, TA, Compliance, Risk, Corporate Secretary)
• Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment for a Luxembourg depositary
• Experience working in a depositary, custody or other funds administration operational environment (such as transfer agency or fund accounting or financial reporting)
• Ability to investigate and provide solutions to operational issues such as errors, delays and breaks
• Ability to identify and suggest process improvement opportunities
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage competing priorities whilst still meeting deadlines
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.