Customer Account Manager
Start: 01/02/2020 | Full-time | London
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
The Customer Account Manager’s (Level 1) objective is to support the provision of premium post-trade solutions to new and existing customers of Clearstream Banking (CBL, CBF, LuxCSD) and to promote products and services of affiliated entities as well as entities Clearstream Banking partners with (e.g. REGIS-TR). With a commitment to serve and a personal dedication to daily tasks, he/she is responsible for contributing to the success of Clearstream’s PRIME service offering and its success within the Deutsche Börse Group. He/she helps find solutions to customer requirements while cooperating and interacting with all business-related areas of Deutsche Börse Group to ensure that these solutions are sustainable for the company. Additionally, he/she is responsible for a number of the different administrative tasks and support work across the team.
- Relationship Management support on all client activities in the UK, primarily financial institutions, including vacation cover for key revenue contributing clients
- Support industrialized administrative task management for the team and track completion of tasks against given deadlines.
- Coordinate KYC tasks, including client outreach, and account opening / documentation execution processes for team members
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with customers, including pricing (bid / deal / RFP) and contractual negotiations, and provide a supporting role for strategic discussions with senior representatives of these clients on joint business growth opportunities
- Support the resolution of client issues as well as the tracking, escalation and coordination of escalated client issues
- Develop business opportunities with existing as well as new customers, different business areas within the customer base, cross-sell products and manage / maintain opportunities in the respective sales pipeline
- Manage / monitor revenue targets for all allocated customers, ensuring cost containment (staying within the granted cost budget) and achieving net income growth for Clearstream
- Analyse and monitor customers’ financial conditions and perform regular KYC checks and activity screening, working with DBAG compliance and legal departments to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements
- Keep updated and ensure to meet the requirements of being in and working for a regulated entity, Clearstream Banking London Branch, regulated by the FCA/PRA
- Keep abreast of general market updates, developments and competitor’s activities in the UK
- Support the Regional Director and Global Head of Client Relations in the definition and execution of the strategy for the UK/Ireland/Nordics & Americas
- Support projects within Clearstream (i.e. Product, Network, Strategy, Pricing, Credit, Compliance) and the wider Deutsche Börse Group in agreement with line management
- Support and involve Product and Network Management to deliver new / enhanced products offerings
- Represent the team/section/Clearstream in internal meetings, working groups as well as (internal as well as client-facing) committees
- Represent Clearstream Banking externally, in the market in general and at customer/industry events in particular. Support the production / coordination of any material required to promote Clearstream or DBAG at these events
Education/Professional Experience/Skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree (ideally in finance or business administration); Master’s degree is an advantage
- 1 years professional and practical experience in a similar position is an advantage
- Communicative and innovative personality
- Highly motivated, flexible and able to work across different products, comfortable taking initiative in pursuing new opportunities and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent presentation skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Fluent English is essential and business-level modern European languages (i.e. German, French etc) is an advantage
- Dedication, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile.
What you can expect from us
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now! Please submit your online application via our career portal, including your CV, cover letter and other relevant documents (transcript of records, job references etc.)
Do you have questions about the application process or this position?
Our Campus-Team will gladly answer your questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 069-211-11810. We look forward to getting to know you!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources