Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
Group Credit`s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
In your position as Credit Officer you will be responsible to monitor customer’s exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency while ensuring that the level of credit risk accepted by Clearstream is in accordance with the bank’s credit policies, underwriting standard and regulatory requirements.
As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide support to the credit analysts, to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas.
- Monitor credit exposures, force purchases of securities and authorise the release of customers’ payments while ensuring strict adherence to credit policies and procedures
- Daily review of failed / blocked instructions ensuring timely adherence to currency deadlines
- Input and maintenance of credit and collateral data in the systems of records
- Assess customer’s credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
- Work on the maintenance, concepts/design, testing and implementation of new and existing credit tools
- Contribute to the review, upgrade and development of credit policies, procedures and guideline
- Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
- University degree in Finance
- Good knowledge of financial markets and instruments
- Good command of MS Access/SQL/VBA/Macros/databases
- Accuracy, attention to detail, sound knowledge of the systems of records
- Strong problem-solving skills, comfortable with operational tasks / quick decisions with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in an international environment
- Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory