Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, administration and investor reporting services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Headquartered in the UK, Langham Hall has a dynamic management and leadership team. The group has a presence in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York and The Netherlands and over 400 staff administering more than $80bn of real estate and private equity funds. Langham Hall is also a leading provider of AIFMD services, with depositary services supervising more than $50bn of assets. It is licensed as a Host AIFM and Depositary in the UK, Luxembourg and Jersey in respect of private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed by the Ministry of Finance and supervised by the CSSF to provide domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate, private equity, debt and infrastructure sectors. Langham Hall Management S.à r.l. is regulated by the CSSF to act as AIFM for private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds.
The candidate will lead Langham Hall Luxembourg’s Depositary business which provides services to real estate, private equity, and private debt and infrastructure funds.
Due to the nature of take-on and on-going monitoring work required there will be a significant contact with other part of the Langham Hall group (e.g. Fund Administration and AIFM businesses) and with clients and advisers.
The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with our clients in order to problem solve and oversee the delivery of our services. They will also lead and motivate a professional team working to the highest standards.
The individual will grow the business by the development and monitoring of existing client work and will also oversee the introduction of new clients to the team, being involved with pitches and participating in marketing events. The individual will be ultimately responsible for all aspects of team delivery planning, and resolving technical issues. The business has growth consistently since establishment and significant further growth is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for portfolio of clients and customer relationships and the delivery of depositary services to those clients.
- Maintenance and enhancement of policies, procedures and checklists.
- Undertaking of detailed new client take on and related risk assessments.
- Cash flow monitoring for all Funds. Responsibility for high level reconciliations, analytical reviews and substantive testing required for all Fund’s bank accounts.
- Responsibility for oversight of thorough reconciliation of all subscriptions and drawdowns / realisations / payments and distributions / allocations / termination / liquidations prepared by the team.
- Safekeeping and verification of assets – review teams records to ensure that appropriate steps have been taken to verify that assets exist and are owned by the Fund, documenting steps taken and evidence obtained to support conclusions reached and maintaining an up to date inventory of all assets held by the Fund.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of the Fund’s and manager’s controls and procedures to ensure that these are acceptable and are being adhered to. This will involve having sensitive conversations with our clients and developing an intimate knowledge of their business.
- Maintenance of detailed files documenting all steps taken when undertaking the above duties as this will be our only protection where we are subject to unlimited liability if we are at fault.
- Responsible for team planning, monitoring deadlines and coaching and developing junior staff members.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations.
- Assisting with the Luxembourg business development strategy including sourcing and winning new Clients.
- Preparing fee proposal and negotiating fees and scope of services with prospective clients
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Self-starter – always takes the initiative
- High energy
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Consultative/strategic selling experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Competent / experienced at using Microsoft office packages (the ability to use Word and Excel effectively and efficiently is essential to managing work load)
- Legal, accounting or similar professional qualification required
- An understanding of Luxembourg funds, private equity and real estate sectors
For further information, call Keith McShea on +352 27851521.
Please apply via the following application form or one of the buttons below:
Click here to see all jobs of Langham Hall.
- Address 42-44 Avenue de la Gare, 1610, Luxembourg
- Salary Offer N / A
- Experience Level Director
- Total Years Experience 5-10