Langham Hall provides premium administration, accounting and investor reporting services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Headquartered in the UK, Langham Hall has a dynamic management and leadership team. The group has a presence in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York and The Netherlands and over 400 staff administering more than $80bn of real estate and private equity funds. Langham Hall is also a leading provider of AIFMD services, with AIFM and depositary services businesses supervising more than $50bn of assets.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed by the Ministry of Finance and supervised by the CSSF to provide domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate, private equity, debt and infrastructure sectors. Langham Hall Management S.à r.l. is regulated by the CSSF to act as AIFM for private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds.
The individual will be responsible for overseeing, servicing the portfolio of real estate debt, real estate and private equity funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers and legal counsel at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meeting and other day to day functions. The individual will have responsibility for the management of teams within the business, reporting on a daily basis to the Head of Fund Administration. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in the day-to-day management of the Luxembourg business.
- Client-facing and client-focused position with overall responsibility for the delivery of accounting, reporting, company secretarial and compliance services to fund clients and structures.
- Ensuring client satisfaction through systematic process and high quality of delivery.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- Building, mentoring and motivating a client servicing team with an emphasis on excellence.
- Ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Responsibility for managing client-team communications, which may operate on a cross-jurisdictional basis.
- Acting as a director of funds and SPVs as appropriate.
- Participating in marketing and business development activities, including prospective client pitches.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Strong technical skills in real estate and/or private equity fund accounting for Luxembourg funds and SPVs under Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS.
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to Luxembourg PFS and Luxembourg funds and SPVs.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to client servicing.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing, mentoring and motivating teams and individuals.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
The candidate hold a professional accounting qualification at an appropriate level (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and 8+ years in accounting and reporting of Luxembourg alternative funds.
For further information, call Tatyana Boger on +352 27851525 or Keith McShea on +352 27851521.
To apply, please use the following application form or one of the Buttons below:
Click here to see all jobs of Langham Hall.
- Address 42-44 Avenue de la Gare, 1610, Luxembourg
- Salary Offer N / A
- Experience Level Director
- Total Years Experience 5-10