Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, administration and investor reporting services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Headquartered in the UK, Langham Hall has a dynamic management and leadership team. The group has a presence in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York and The Netherlands and over 400 staff administering more than $80bn of real estate and private equity funds. Langham Hall is also a leading provider of AIFMD services, with depositary services supervising more than $50bn of assets. It is licensed as a Host AIFM and Depositary in the UK, Luxembourg and Jersey in respect of private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed by the Ministry of Finance and supervised by the CSSF to provide domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate, private equity, debt and infrastructure sectors. Langham Hall Management S.à r.l. is regulated by the CSSF to act as AIFM for private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds.
The Role: Junior Fund Administrator
The role will be primarily accounting-focused and will also include all aspects of operation and administration of a portfolio of funds and other structures (accounting, budgeting, tax, company secretarial, regulatory and compliance) mainly in the private equity and real estate sector. The individual will assist with the servicing a portfolio of funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with fund manager clients, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, assistance with periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meetings and other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall administrator, manager and director.
Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA) as part of the package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relationships and administration.
- Being involved in all aspects of real estate and private equity fund administration and coordination of company secretarial duties.
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds, which are typically limited partnerships, and subsidiary SPVs.
- The creation and maintenance of statutory registers and investor related documentation, assisting with calls and distributions, creating and maintaining Langham Hall own records of a portfolio of clients; billing and cash collection.
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the Luxembourg legal and regulatory regime applicable to funds and investment structures.
- The candidate will be expected to develop an understanding of limited partnership agreement, articles of association and other legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility.
- Daily cash management tasks across a number of bank accounts. To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and systems.
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients.
- Creation and set up of new clients and entities (companies, limited partnerships) including collation and satisfaction of Langham Hall’s KYC / AML requirements for all new entities or investors.
- Ad hoc projects to assist the managers and directors with growing the business.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic financial statements.
- Real estate and private equity transaction-related administration.
- Compilation of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Administrative compliance with fund and corporate laws and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting with Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Dealing with client acceptance in accordance with applicable anti-money laundering rules.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Graduate in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Fluent in English (French or German would be considered as an advantage).
- Ability to write basic reports, minutes, business correspondence.
- Ability to write business correspondence and deal with routine emails, enquiries and telephone calls.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other team members and clients.
- The candidate will receive training and coaching required and it is not expected that the candidate hold any material prior experience in fund administration.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a small environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Strong client communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will hold a strong masters or bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- ½ years experience in a similar sector (administration/big 4 or similar)
For further information, call Alesia Zianko on +352 27851527.
To apply for the Junior Fund Administrator role, please use the buttons below:
- Address 42, 44 Avenue de la Gare, 1610 Luxembourg, Luxemburg
- Salary Offer N / A
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5